One of those friends is Fr. Dominic. We go way back. We met at a Frassti Society conference. Long ago all the girls chased Dominic. I laughed it off because I never saw him like that. We hung all the time... He has seen me at my worst and best. I always knew he would be one of those life long friends.
He's really the best. He was still in seminary when Doug and I were getting married. He was going to serve and be a reader in the wedding. He was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin lymphoma shortly before the wedding. He had his first chemo treatment a day before our wedding. He insisted in being there and being in the wedding. Yep, that's the kind of friend he is.
And he is one holy priest.
We had coffee with him and Beth & Co. today. It was great seeing him. He even blessed our mini vans!

1 comment:
What a great friend and priest! I had no idea had been diagnosed with cancer...I hope he is doing well now?
Post a Comment