First of all, it was soooo wonderful to have Sew in town! I had missed her and missed hanging out with the girls. Back in the day, Beth would call me and say, "Hey Jenny, I'm doing such and such, want to come?" It didn't matter what the such and such were, I would take off work in a heartbeat and head her way. I haven't done that for a long time! It was nice to take some much needed time off work and just hang out. They got me to go to the zoo -- animals and outdoors are not my favorite two things in the world -- but it was a lot of fun. We (well, Sew) organized, we played with the kids and had a girls night out on the town. Perfection. Oh... and I did make (well, I didn't force) Sew to watch a tad (well, a lot) of the wedding video! But I didn't not make her look at all 1500 photos (only about 150ish)! Ha!!
We had so much fun!
While Sew was here, I too got on the glass-jar-super-organized-pantry bandwagon! Love it! My DH does not know what to think about my new label maker. I've become a bit obsessed. But he said if labeling makes me happy, then label away! I only wish it had a spell check -- I can't spell!! My kitchen is not perfect... but it is more manageable. I'm going to work on the other areas of the house soon! Now, if Ann could come help decorate, I'd be set!!I love this thing!
Going a little label crazy -- labeling my cutie. Ha! He wasn't so happy about it!
My attempt at organization!
The appointment went really well. My Day 3 initial blood work came back ok... except my thyroid is all messed up. When Dr. Sew looked at my numbers, she was amazed I was awake and alert. I didn't realize the numbers were that high. It's funny... Dr. Sew told me to have my thyroid checked a while ago! Looks like she knows best! The numbers are way above the 'normal' range, so I started syn.throid. He said that if I don't notice a change, they will either up it, or switch the meds. So we shall see.
The thyroid stuff makes sense... I am always exhausted. I feel about done with my day at 2pm... I have to push myself to get through the work day. I then go home, do the wife thing, then go off to a small part-time job. I'm usually so exhausted I have trouble sleeping... I go to bed late and wake up around 4:30am ... so the cycle just goes on and on. I always attributed being so tired from my lack of sleep and weight. It's nice to have a bit more insight into the exhaustion. I have not noticed a huge change... but it's only been a week. I'm giving it a bit more time, then will ask to switch it up if needed. The one change I have noticed is my morning temps are markedly higher. I don't know if that's from the meds or maybe I might have actually ovulated this cycle... could it be??? Who knows!?? But I kind of wish I did!
My mom told me that she had thyroid issues when she was first married and trying to get preggo too. Like mother, like daughter. She had blocked tubes, I have a blocked tube. She didn't ovulate, doesn't seem like I do (but maybe!!??). She had to be on thyroid meds, same for me. Hmmm. It took her seven years to have a BFP... I'm hoping it only takes me 7 months! We've been married 6 now! Ha!
10 comments:
I HATE thyroid problems. They SUCK! I know the feeling all too well. The sluggishness, tiredness, etc. My brain shuts down at about 3:00 too. My husband wants to go see Clash of the Titans and I just want to go to bed. HA HA! I'm such a fun date. Hopefully Synthroid will get you straightened out. I'm on 100mcg and my TSH is climbing again. I end up increasing my meds about once a year.
Dr. Sew will help you I'm sure!
I'm glad that you found out about your thyroid problem and they can hopefully get it under control. Good thing you had Dr. Sew to prod you.
I hope it only takes 7 months too!!!!!
Gotta love Dr. Sew!!!! She's the best!!!
I, too, love my label maker. When I first got it I labeled EVERYTHING in my classroom! Some of the good kids even got their own label! It was the cutest!
A label maker...that makes this Accountant's heart swoon! :) I am glad that they identified the thyroid issue. Thanks for updating, it was great to hear how things are going for you! God Bless!
Yea! An update!
Oh, Doug. Poor poor Doug. My heart goes out to him. He needs a brewsky, a ball game and someone to help carry that ignoramus halo he’s going to get for putting up with this :)
The thyroid issues are bad, but tweaking your medicine and getting it just right makes all the difference. I’m so happy you have a genuine MD in Sew (plus the doctor helps) and I know she has lots of info from Pray Hope Don’t Worry. You’re in good blogger hands.
I HEART organization. I just make my own labels on the computer with address labels (wait, did I just admit that in public?), but a label maker machine . . . be still my heart.
Haha, I didn't know Dr. Sew made house calls! :-) Glad you had a fun time with them...and the pic of your "labeled" DH is funny, I got a kick out of that!
...and I, too, must voice my love for label-makers.
Bring you and your label maker to my house! YOu should come down here to my house when B comes....You can help drive and rassle the babes! ;) Love, Faux Dr. Sew
Wow, you are organized now!
And yes, get those temps up! Better chance for baby!!!
I wouldn't mind a label maker in my house, but like you, I am not a great speller! :)
Hoping for a baby for you and your husband. I am on synthroid for an enlarged thyroid/nodule but my levels are okay so far. Hope it helps you!
Post a Comment