Monday, February 27, 2012

Heartbeat!!!

Our first ultrasound went GREAT this morning!  I was a ball of nerves.  I've been that way pretty much since we got the BFP.

There was ONE (it wasn't twins!) beautiful little baby with a beating heart!  It was the most wonderful sight to see and hear.  Love love love!!

We were early for the appointment and so we were scanned early, which was wonderful!  It was such a relief to know the baby was where is was suppose to be (I had had nightmares about the baby being in a tube) and that the heart was beating away!  I have a little bit of a bleed, which they will watch, but it should be fine.

We met with Dr. G after the scan.  It was so great to have him say, "What a blessing! This is a 'Praise The Lord' moment!"  He must have said, "Praise the Lord" about 10 times while we were meeting with him!  I've never had a doctor say that.  He said that he loved how 'my case' came together.  I had a bucket of health problems when I first walked into his office over 2 years ago.  A lot of those are now fixed... and now there is the blessing of a baby.  Wonderful!  I agree with Dr. G... Praise the Lord!!!

I go back next week for a second scan... then I'm off to my regular OB.  Beth is going to go with me so she can see Dr. G.  He was her Endo surgeon first... before her three kids!  I would have never found Dr. G without Beth!

This is all so crazy, I still CANNOT BELIEVE IT!!

Here is Baby H.  What a cutie!  Thanks for those continued prayers!
Yep... PRAISE THE LORD!

41 comments:

Krissy said...

What delightful news! Praise the Lord indeed! He should receive all the glory and honor for this little life. You are participating in a miracle!

Little JoAnn said...

This is the best day ever!

Catholic Mutt said...

Praise the Lord is right! Yay!

Brit said...

This makes my day :)

Leila@LittleCatholicBubble said...

Best news EVER! Thank you for sharing!! Hooray for Baby H, and praise God!

Karey said...

Yay!!! This makes me SO happy!!

Irene Roe said...

This is absolutely wonderful! I am SO happy for you and your hubby :)

Kaitlin @ More Like Mary said...

So SO happy for you!

jkamleiter said...

I am soooo happy! God bless all of you! Lots of love sent your way.

Mr. and Mrs. said...

Thanking the Lord for answered prayers. :)

Karen said...

Yay! Yay! Yay!

Amazing Life said...

Hooray! Love seeing Baby H all snuggled up :) He/she is already a sight to behold!!

Rebecca said...

Yay! Yay! Yay!!!! Snuggle in Baby H and grow grow grow!!!

So glad all went well today :)

Morgan said...

precious!!! So excited for you guys!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news!!!! So happy for you!!!

Faith makes things possible said...

Ahhhhh....yaaaaay!!!!!! Beautiful little baby...grow big and strong so we can all meet you!!!! :) Praise the Lord!!!! Blessed John Paul, pray for us!

Second Chances said...

Awesome! It brought me such joy just to see the title of your blog post. This baby is already blessing so many with joy! He/she is very special! And for the record, I'm saying girl :)

JellyBelly said...

Woohoo!!!!!

More Than Anything said...

YAY!!! Grow baby H!

Sunshine said...

What a wonderful moment! Enjoy every minute!

Jenni said...

I love hearing the heartbeat for the first time!!! LOVE IT!!!

Molly M. said...

So glad all is well! Such a great news!

Angela said...

Yay!!! That is the best ever! :)

Sarah said...

Awww, YAY! I felt the same way before my first ultrasound... such a relief. :)

Sew said...

Love! Best sound ever!

Hebrews 11:1 said...

Praise the Lord indeed!!! Hoooooooooray!

Amy @ This Cross I Embrace said...

Congrats!

Nicole C said...

THRILLED!!!

Brenda said...

That's a good looking little bean! Looks like a boy:)

Patiently Waiting...... said...

Oh, Jenny! Such wonderful news! Congrats!

Shannon said...

yippeee yippppeee yippppeee!

LifeHopes said...

LOVE reading this!!! Yay for a beating heart! Yay its in the right place! YAY YAY YAY!!! And Praise the Lord!

Joy Beyond the Cross said...

Love, love, love this post!! So exciting! Grow, Baby H, Grow!

Made For Another World said...

Yay!!!!! Thanks for sharing this wonderful news!!!

Awaiting a Child of God:) said...

YOU DESERVE THIS SOOOOO MUCH!!!!!! HOLY COW!!! I haven't checked blogs in forever and just had a minute to this morning and this is what news I found! Couldn't be happier for you!!!

alliemich said...

Such great news Jenny yeah!!!!!!! I know you were nervous but God has this miraculous baby in His palm!!!!!

Justine said...

Wonderful!!!! That first ultrasound is always so special! (I mean, all ultrasounds are, but especially the first one!) :)

Anonymous said...

wow, congratulations! I certainly found you at an exciting moment :) Thanks for commenting on my blog - I followed you here to send you the info you were asking about (check out: http://www8.garmin.com/vehicles/ ) and it has made my night to share in your joy. Praise the Lord indeed :)

WheelbarrowRider said...

I just want you to know I am beyond thrilled for you. I love reading the updates on my phone, and even came out of hiding to comment on such a big event! :)

Anonymous said...

I just want to hug you!!!! I am so excited and happy for you :) God is wonderful and amazing, I am so glad that you will finally be able to experience this miracle.
I know how you felt about being a ball of nerves. I couldn't calm down till we got the heartbeat and even then it took a while for me to believe it was all happening.

Megan said...

HOORAY!!!!!!!