This weekend affirmed how much I LOVE BLOGGERS! I went with my IRL/Blogger friend Sarah to the Behold Conference in Illinois. It was such a fun road trip. We talked the entire time... so much that Sarah lost her voice! Yep, no voice! We met up with some amazing other bloggers! LOVED IT!!!!!!
The conference was really fantastic. Great speakers, great music, awesome confession, chocolate and great friends. How does it get any better than that?? I'm sure someone will post about all they learned from the talks and such... but you know me, I like to keep it simple.
Things I learned (that aren't really that deep - I'll leave that to the other ladies):
*Women like to cry. We cried (happy tears) ALL DAY LONG! Every talk made me cry... but in a good, very awesome way!
*Going to confession... even when I'm not 'in the mood' is FABULOUS!! My confessor was awesome and I LOVED IT!
*I am not all that stylish. They did a little fashion show and I'm just glad I didn't make the 'what not to wear' list.
*I need to start doing kegel exercises. I was told that after the baby, when I laugh, I just might pee a little too. I never thought I'd learn that at Behold!
*When the nun is talking about using technology excessively and I'm checking Facebook on my iPhone at that exact moment... I have a problem.
*It is very good to sit right by the bathroom when you are newly pregnant. Bathrooms are good.
*Women can have looooong conversations... even when two members of the group have no voice!
And most of all...I had a great time celebrating our Catholic faith!! Man, I LOVE BEING CATHOLIC!!
I also love to post pictures! You all better mark your calendars for Behold 2013!!!!
Sarah and I in the car... gotta love a good road trip!
Couldn't you just eat those feet?? Love little Elizabeth B!
We met Jen from Conversion Diary!! Ahhhh!
She was in the 'Meet the Bloggers' part of the conference.
I'm not sure why they didn't ask out little blogging group to be a part of it. Hahaha!
And... Leila... SHE KNOWS WHO YOU ARE!!!!!!
How can you tell you are at a Catholic event? You see a lot of nuns and babies. So sweet!
Catholic babies are the CUTEST!!
One final photo after dinner before hitting the road for home! Can't wait until next year!!!
And... One more thing I learned (well, I kind of knew this already)...
It is great to come home to these two!!








12 comments:
You summed up my thoughts exactly! What a great conference and it was so much fun hanging out with you and the others in person. I just wish we all lived closer and could get together more often. I love the last pic, so sweet! Next year, I can't wait to hold YOUR baby at the conference!
Next year I'm leaving my kids with Ken and Beth & I are coming!! LOL
Sounds like so much fun! I would love to make it next year!
It was so very nice to meet you and chat even if it was only for a short little bit. Hope to get to see you again sometime.
Love the pics!! But you need to draw a stick figure Hebrews in there, haha! (Though I'm hardly a stick! Lol!!) Glad you had a great time. That last pic is priceless.
Couldn't agree more! LOVE my blogger friendships.
And yes-do your Kegels! Do them all day long!
Thanks for the lessons to learn ... and especially for the pictures!!! I'm thrilled that you had such an amazing time and of course got to hang with such amazing ladies! :-)
So fun! I'm soon jealous! They need to move that conference out of tax season so I can leave my kids with my husband!
It was SO great to meet you! See you at Behold 2013 :)
You cool gals know how to have fun! You also gotta know how lucky some of you are to have babies that would attend these kinds of conferences...all day events.
Okay, I'll reign in my jealousy now.
So glad you all connected.
What fun!
Hahha, awesome! I love it! I still have no voice. :( See ya tomorrow.
Post a Comment