I guess I forgot a few things about the day my water broke... and a few people had questions... so here it goes.
I did text Hebrews (and others too!) who flipped out. My water broke the day of Claire's surgery. We had agreed (haha!) that I would have baby boy that day to keep her mind off the surgery and to keep her busy while baby Claire was in surgery. What a good friend am I to keep my end of that deal??!! Granted, he wasn't born on that day, but I tried!
Doug made a prediction that baby boy would arrive on Friday, October 12th. He was almost right on!
About my water leaking... It leaked and gushed all day! Seriously, I really wished I had listened to K at More Like Mary, More Like Me. She had bought some Depends for this very situation. Man, I wish I would have had some!
I basically would sit down for a while and every time I got up... GUSH! Apparently, amniotic fluid just keeps replenishing. I wore super plus maxi pads - that did nothing. I wore old crappy clothes and just changed and did laundry over and over that day. I took a nap in bed on Daisy's old puppy pads and lots of towels. When I rode in the car, I sat on puppy pads. I pretty much felt like I was peeing on myself all day. There was also lots of running to the bathroom. A lot!
Funniest looking part of the day... Jumping up and down on the walking trail in our neighborhood. Seriously... I would have done anything to kick labor into gear. A nine month pregnant lady jumping up and down. I wonder what my neighbors thought! Hahahaha!
We had been in contact with our Doula, Tonya, throughout the day. She had another October client who was due a few weeks later than us. Turns out, her water broke right around the same time as mine! She had been in the hospital all day on Friday with no baby, so Tonya had been with her. What are the odds! Craziness!
The rest of the labor story coming soon!
4 comments:
Girl... lol... 1) You waited forever!! I am so impressed you tried to wait it out. I was at the hospital 2 hours after my water broke, and about 5-6 hours after they were hooking me up to pitocin. But I SO relate to that moment when you realize, "Wait... my water just broke??? That was NOT the plan!!"
2) The constant wetness drove.me.nuts. I started to envy those ladies whose water broke at the very end. Depends... great idea.
Can't wait to hear the rest!
Puppy pads are the best! That's what they use in the hospital!
Well I guess daisy was good for something!
Haha thank you for including my crucial role in George's birth! Lol! You are such a good friend to go into labor just for me. ;)
Post a Comment