Thursday, October 14, 2010

Clarity and a little prayer request

Tonight my DH and I went to a fundraiser for some friends of ours, who happens to be our former realtor Ron and his wife.  She is fighting breast cancer that has metastasized to several parts of her body.  They are young -- their only daughter started college this year.  There were a ton of people there and it was so touching.  Ron was very surprised to see us and was so grateful we had taken the time to stop by.  He, of course, asked us how the house was.  We gave our standard answer of 'new floors, frozen pipes, lightening strike', etc. He laughed and I felt horrible.  I know we were just making small talk, but his wife is fighting for her life and we just had to get our floors replaced and unfreeze some pipes!  We gave him another hug, bought some raffle tickets and went on our way.

What a moment of clarity.  I don't know what I'd do if I was faced with such a tragedy.  If I had to fight so hard to simply make it to the next month.  It really makes all our mishaps seem pretty trivial.  Granted, they do matter, all the mishaps were just that, but they do sting.  We've been through a lot this year -- a lot good and some not so great as well.  But at the end of the day, I've got my DH.  I am so grateful!!  I was suppose to work tonight -- I called a coworker and said I needed to be at home and asked her to cover my shift at the homeless shelter.  I could not even think of being anywhere else than right here with DH.   I think I'll hug him extra tight tonight.  I might even pet his cat, just to show him how much I do love him!  Please keep our friends in your prayers as they go through this battle.

And... if you can think of it... while even this seems a little petty... there will be some announcements made at work (my 'real' 10 year day job!) over the next week and I AM A BALL OF NERVES.  I am jumpy and stressed out! Literally, when someone was walking by my desk today, I jumped!! If you could same some prayers for some peace within me... I need some calmness to make it through the day without going a little crazy.  Any prayers would be so greatly appreciated!

Thanks ladies!  Have a great Friday!

7 comments:

Irene Roe said...

Things like that always help to put things in perspective. I will pray for her, and for you.

... said...

Ahh . . . . a little perspective. Praying for your job situation!

Second Chances said...

Hoping your job situation improves. No stress, no stress, no stress (just a little chant!).

Joy Beyond the Cross said...

Jenny, prayers coming from me too! God Bless you and your DH! (And you petting the cat - wow, that is impressive and note worthy!)

Anonymous said...

Lots of prayers your way! *hugs* :)

Megan said...

Lots of prayers for you, Jenny! The part about petting the cat made me laugh out loud! haha :)

Mary said...

Petting the cat might help you de-stress my dear! :) :) :) DO IT!!! haha!

Praying for you... and for your friends!...