Thursday, March 18, 2010

10 things about my new hubby!

Yep, I'm a copy cat!  I have loved reading about all your DH's, so here is a little info about mine!

1.  He is a morning person.  He never hits the snooze and is up at 4:15am during the week.  I'm up at that same time, but I hate it.  He loves it.  He's in a great mood right away.  On the weekends, sleeping in to him is 6am.  We tend to go to the 7am mass on Sundays.  He's one of the only guy's there that looks wide awake.

2. He loves children's books and he's a big kid at heart!  He loves reading to little ones and I can't wait until he reads to our kids someday.  He gets into character and kids love it!  We often babysit for one of my best friends 3 boys.  They could care less if I'm there now.  They just want Doug.  He plays with them, runs around in the mud with them, digs up worms... whatever.  They love it! Speaking of being a kid... we have spider man sheets for our queen bed.  I got them for him for Christmas.  He was sooo excited!  Yep, he's a big kid.


3.  He's a good sport, extremely patient and spoils me rotten.  I drag him all over the place, to event after event, to store after store... and he never complains.  He tries to have fun, make the best of every situation and always tries to have fun!  He always has a great attitude!  I am spoiled.  If I ask him to do anything, he will.  If I need water in the middle of the night, he will get it.  If I'm cold, he will cover me up.  If I'd need tampons from the store in the middle of the night, he'd run out and get them!  If I need a hug or a laugh, he knows it.  He's so great that way.  Spoiled!

4.  He is an amazing son and brother.  My mom always told me that I would be able to tell how a man would treat me by the way he treats his mother.  From this guideline, I am set! He is so devoted to his parents.  He takes the job of being the an older brother to his twin sisters very seriously.  I love seeing this! He treats my parents wonderful and I love that too!  He is the most tender-hearted and honest man I have ever met (other than my dad).  He would do anything for anyone.  He goes out of his way for people, especially our families and doesn't give it a second thought!

Doug and his sisters, Karen and Sharon

5.  He often appears very serious and shy.  When you first meet him, he's a bit quiet.  I NEVER experienced this with him, but I've seen it when he has met my friends and when we are with big groups.  He's more introverted than I am, but he warms up quickly.  It's a bit weird to see him like this, because he is not quiet around me at all... and never has been!

6. He loves animals and the outdoors.  He has a cat that now lives in our house.  I hate cats.  HATE them.  Smokey isn't too bad, I guess.  Doug loves that cat.  I asked him once if Smokey and I were in a burning building, who he would save.  He hesitated and then said... "Well, you could walk out, you'd know where to go.  So I would have to get Smokey!"  What??!!  The guy also loves the outdoors.  He was a ranger last summer and LOVED it!

Smokey the cat... notice the spider man sheets!

Ranger Doug

7.  He constantly makes me laugh and laughs at me (not with me... at me!)!  We have a blast together!  Since I rarely see the serious or shy side of him at home, we have so much fun.  He can make me laugh when I'm in the worst mood and I love that about him.  He also has the ability to be calm in every situation and have a positive attitude.  He sees the good in everything, even when it is very difficult and tries to laugh about it.

8.  He's a pack rat!  Man oh man, does he have a ton of stuff!  When he moved in, it was box after box after box of stuff.  What stuff?  Anything from school papers from 3rd grade to a zillion movies and books and cowboy boots and even life-size light sabers - 3 of them!  Luckily, we have a huge loft and an attic... but wow!

9.  When he is hungry, watch out.  My man is serious about his food and when he is hungry, he's hungry.  He gets a little grouchy and really quiet... and I know someone better start cooking.

His hungry face.

10.  He works hard at everything he does.  He's a 8th grade science teacher and devotes himself completely to his students and the others at the school.  If he is working on a project at home, he will research it and do it until it is done right.  He reads the directions for everything!  We have manuals all over the place.  I personally think we know how to use the toaster and such... but he will read that book before using it the first time!  He also works hard at being an amazing husband.  He's doing an amazing job!  Love him!

5 comments:

... said...

The spider man sheets are cracking me up! My husband would love to be a ranger, too; his dad was one for a while.
Doug sounds like such a great guy!

Beth said...

We love Doug! One of the first times I thought you had snagged yourself a good one was on your birthday, election night (let's not talk about it), when you were reading Madeleine a book. He said, "That's not how you read a kid a book!" And started reading his way. She was enthralled and loved Doug ever since!

Sew said...

Great post! Spiderman is hilarious!

Beth now that is spoken like a true husband! ;)

Shannon said...

what a great post! You two are absolutely adorable! What a cute couple!

Joy Beyond the Cross said...

I liked the post a lot! What a sweet husband and the whole spiderman sheets is hilarious! Thanks for sharing about your DH!