Sunday, May 9, 2010

I love my mom!

Simply said... my mom is the best.  
She was one cute baby.
She was raised on our family farm.
She was adored by her older sisters.
Yep... pretty cute!
She'd shoot me if she saw this on here!
She met my dad in high school.
The graduated together.  One of my favorite pictures of them!
Wow... that hair!
She went off to college, while my dad was in the Navy.
Then she married my dad. What a beautiful bride.
My mom and grandmother.  Love them both so much.
True Love.
My parents suffered 7 years of infertility... 
and then my older brother was born.  
I came along 3 years later.
She raised us in the Catholic faith.  I will be forever grateful for that.
She is now a wonderful grandmother.
She has become my best friend (other than DH, of course!)
They are still as happy as they were when they were teens... they are too cute!
They've been married 42 1/2 years!
Happy Mother's Day Mom!

12 comments:

Leila@LittleCatholicBubble said...

OH MY GOSH!! I love this!!!!!! What did you mom think when she saw this??? (I hope she has seen it!)

Thankful said...

Oh, this is so incredibly sweet! Tears of sweetness being shed on this side of the screen.

Sew said...

OMGOSH! I love your mom too! What a great post!

Anonymous said...

beautiful!

T said...

How sweet!

Brenda said...

You look just like your Mom! That is such a sweet post!

Grace in my Heart said...

SO sweet! I agree with Brenda- you look just like her! :)

Sew said...

Does Doug look like your Dad when he was younger? Looks like he kind of resembles him. :) hehehe

Sew said...

I meant to add...That DH reminds me alot of my dad, their handwriting, some mannerisms where I just want to scream STOP ACTING LIKE MY DAD!!!! hahahaha

Shannon said...

Oh my gosh, this is so wonderful!! Thanks for sharing, J!

mrsblondies said...

So sweet! I agree that you look just like your mom.

Jenny said...

Thanks everyone... My mom is the best! And we do look A LOT a like... especially now with my short hair! It's funny... because people who have know my dad, say that I look just like him too! Crazy!

And yes, Sew, DH reminds me a ton of my dad!!