Monday, May 31, 2010

My Favorite Veterans

Happy Memorial Day!

Nothing like a few surprise overnight guests to make you DEEP CLEAN your house -- and quick!  My parents are doing a surprise stop by this afternoon and staying until Wednesday.  We are thrilled to see them, since it's been awhile!  We had mentioned we were grilling out with Doug's parents tonight and said, "You should come!" and they said yes.  This was last night.  They are about 7 hours away at a Knig.hts of Colu.mbus convention.  They are making a huge detour and heading our way.  Our house =  a wreck -- kitchen stuff in the living room (due to the damaged floors!) ... bedroom stuff in the living room (due to laziness!) ... laundry hanging everywhere -- A WRECK!!  So Doug and I are quickly scrambling to get it all in company condition!  We will have both sets of parents in the house, which has never happened before!  I'm excited... but thinking about that long list of stuff to do.  Which task do I tackle first??  Blogging!  Haha!

Since we are celebrating Memorial Day... I thought I'd show you a few pictures of my favorite Veterans.  My family comes from a loooooong line of Navy guys.  I'm one of the only cousins who has not been in the military.  The thought of going to boot camp ruined it for me!  I am super proud of my family members and sincerely thank them for all they did and are doing to make my freedom possible!  So, here are my two favorites!  Have a wonderful day!
My Dad...
My dad on the USS Enterprise during the Vietnam War.
My Older Brother Jeff...

My brother while he was serving in Iraq.  That's 130 degrees!  Wow!

8 comments:

Sew said...

Cute post! So is brother married? :)

Shannon said...

yes... is brother married? haha. jk.

So, Jenny, this is random, but yesterday I was thinking about bloggers and how there are some you'd probably be friends with IRL and you popped into my mind... thinking, "Oh yea...I'd definitely be friends with Jenny." Ha! Just wanted to share... I think you're totally great!

Blessings to you and your family today!

Jenny said...

My brother is married... for 15 years now... and they have three kids, Maricel Joy (14), Jeffrey Scott (8) and Peter Alexander (7). They are as cute as can be. He's an interesting guy my brother. Prayers for him are ALWAYS appreciated!

And we would totally be friends IRL!!!!! :) Love ya ladies!

Second Chances said...

Yikes! Good luck with your drop in overnighters! Great pics of your family. Your dad was so handsome!

Anonymous said...

Sometimes it's nice to have company with last minute notice, it makes me get my house in tip-top shape! Good luck! Cute family! :)

... said...

Oh, I love the pics . . . and thanks to those guys and all those who have and are serving.

(And being from the South, let me just say I'd love to know what "dry heat" feels like) :)

Kaitlin @ More Like Mary said...

I'm with Ann-some days I think it would be better to be in 130 degress of DRY heat than the 90 degree sauna we're in right now. But seriously, thank your family for their service from me!

Beth said...

Ooh Ted is one handsome guy!!